Erchonia Cold Laser
Low Level Laser Therapy
What Is it?
Low Level Laser Therapy is a form of phototherapy which involves applying a low power light to injuries and lesions to stimulate healing. Erchonia Medical is the leading research company on lasers and are the developer of Low Level Laser Therapy technology. Cold laser treatments are improving management possibilities for chronic injuries, pain management, neurological impairment, and facilitating the healing process in various injuries and illnesses.
How Does It Work?
While surgical lasers (“hot” lasers) are used for surgical precision, cold lasers are used for healing precision and are not thermal in nature.
During treatment, units of light from the laser called ‘photons’ affect our tissues at the cellular level. Specifically, the laser works on parts of the cell called mitochondria, which are the energy powerhouses of our cells.
What Physiological Processes can Low Level Laser therapy affect?
- Acceleration of cellular reproduction and growth
- Faster Wound Healing, leading to reduced recovery time
- Increased metabolic activity by increasing enzyme output, improving immune function, and inducing oxygen to blood cells
- Reduced scar tissue formation following damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgical wounds
- Anti-inflammatory action by reducing swelling and joint inflammation.
- Increased lymph and blood flow which allows for better circulation and quicker healing
- Stimulated nerve function to optimize muscle action and nerve cell reconnection following damage to tissues
What are the advantages of cold laser treatments?
- Universal method of treating muscle, bone, tendon, ligament, neurological dysfunction or damage, connective tissue, or skin tissue with one piece of equipment
- Combined with chiropractic care, cold laser can aid in optimal treatment results by organizing the nervous system and promoting healing.
- Major advantage for athletes due to neurological applications and fast results
Clinical Uses include:
- Soft Tissue injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Hematomas (Bruises)
- Tendonitis and Tenosynovitis
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Acute and Chronic Joint Problems
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ligament and Tendon injuries
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Reduction of Inflammation
- Part of Wound Management
- Ulcers, Post-surgical healing, Open wounds
- Dermatological Conditions
- Shingles, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Eczema
- Fracture Healing
- Frozen Shoulder
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Brachial and Trigeminal Neuralgia
Are There Contraindications?
While there is absolutely no contraindicative research against treating pregnant women, the manufacturer suggests avoiding treating pregnant women
Although there is no conclusive research to substantiate not treating patients with pacemakers and/or vagal stimulation devices, the manufacturer recommends not treating such patients in general.
There is no documentation or reason not to treat patients with other implants such as metal rods, pins, dental, cochlear, or breast augmentation devices.
What to Expect During Treatment:
Depending on your condition, treatment can last from 5-15 minutes per session.
Typically nothing is felt by the patient during treatment.
The doctor may incorporate some active motion during treatment to achieve optimal results.
If possible, please wear loose-fitting, comfortable, thin-layer clothing.
$35 per session
$150 for 5 sessions (save $25)
$300 for 10 sessions (save $50)